Referral Protocols In Oldham
Please choose from the list on the right for specific pathways
The Oldham Integrated Care Centre (ICC) is situated in the centre of Oldham and houses the NHS Oldham Ophthalmology Outpatients Department and Orthoptic Department. Surgical facilities and inpatient treatment are at the Royal Oldham Hospital. Emergencies are seen at Rochdale Infirmary. These services are run by Pennine Acute Hospitals NHS Trust.
The Rochdale Ophthalmology Clinical Assessment and Treatment Service (CATS) is run by Care UK. They have been appointed Any Qualified Providor status for Cataract Surgery, Oculoplastics and Yag Laser Capsulotomy. The centre offers a macula service, glaucoma service and minor surgery. Patients must be over 18 years old.
Pennine Acute Hospitals NHS Trust locations:
Integrated Care Centre, New Radcliffe Street, Oldham, OL1 1NL
- Telephone 0161 621 3720
- Fax 0161 621 3835
Royal Oldham Hospital, Rochdale Road, Oldham, OL1 2JH
- Telephone 0161 624 0420
Rochdale Infirmary, Whitehall St, Rochdale, Lancashire OL12 0NB
- Ophthalmology Tel: Hospital Switchboard 0161 624 0420
- Eye Emergency Referrals Telephone 01706 517838
Care UK Rochdale Ophthalmology CATS, Croft Shifa Health Centre, Bellfield Road, Rochdale, OL16 2UP
You can refer to Croft Shifa by:
- Fax 0333 3218846 for routine non-urgent referrals.
- Fax 01706 638594 for AMD urgent referrals (this fax goes direct-to-clinic)
- Post: Croft Shifa Health Centre, Bellfield Road, Rochdale, OL16 2UP
- Note Care UK do not use the "Lock 50, Business Centre" address as they no longer occupy this office. Their own website still carries this address (Nov 2016) but it is incorrect!
SpaMedica Eye Hospital Manchester, 1 Blantyre St, Manchester M15 4SQ
- Tel: 0161 838 0870
Optegra Eye Hospital Manchester, One Didsbury Point, 2 The Avenue, Didsbury, Manchester. M20 2EY
- Tel: 0161 240 0700