Information For GPs
Across the UK, community optical practices can contribute to a reduction in referrals to GPs, A&E and Hospital Eye Departments.
Optical Practices are successfully and safely delivering local services in primary care with high levels of patient satisfaction, as part of integrated pathways linking into secondary care as appropriate.
Commissioners should be aware that accredited clinical pathways can deliver:
- Glaucoma repeat readings and OHT monitoring
- Pre and post operative cataract service
- Minor eye conditions service (MECS)
- Adult low vision enhanced service
- Children's vision pathway
- Pathway for adults and young people with learning disabilities
West Pennine LOC would welcome development of such pathways in Glossop, Oldham and Tameside.