Aims and Objectives
Main objectives of Bucks LOC
- To advise the Area Teams and Clinical Commissioning Groups relevant to Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes on matters affecting optometrists undertaking General Ophthalmic Services and community services in the area.
- To enable optometrists undertaking General Ophthalmic Services and community services in the area to formulate collective views on the administration of the services, and in particular to make suggestions for their improvement and to transmit them to the Area teams and CCGs.
- To disseminate information about General Ophthalmic Services among optometrists and dispensing opticians in the area, and to assist individual optometrists to understand and to comply with their terms of service.
- To consider any complaint made to them by any optometrist against any other optometrist practising in the area for which the Committee is constituted, involving any question of the efficiency of the General Ophthalmic Services or community services.
- To advise the Area Teams and CCGs on matters affecting optometrists in relation to NHS Trusts, the scope and efficiency of those services, and in connection with the provision of ophthalmic services from Health Centres, Clinics and the like.
- To help develop ophthalmic services in the area and to enhance the standing of optometrists and dispensing opticians, and their professional development.
- To organise educational events for continuing education and training in all areas of practice as seen fit.